e-Communication

e-Communication

Friday, November 21, 2014

Analyzing Professionals


After reading this article, Digital Innovation and the Future of Storytelling: A New Golden Age, I realize how creative the entertainment industry really is.  Bill Kanarick, the author of the article, explains the importance of how a storyline is the most important essential when creating a film.

Kanarick mentions how Netflix is currently the most popular channel out there because of the storylines engrained. There may not be any evidence to back that opinion up, but the guy makes a great point. I completely agree with him, because nobody wants to watch a movie or a TV show if it has a poor storyline. People and viewers want to watch something that gives them one of the human appeals. Those include: ethos, pathos and rhetoric. All of which are the purposes for a creating a film.

The other point the writer did a great job focusing on was the growth of technology. Nowadays we can watch films on mobile phones, tablets, televisions, and many other technological portable devices. With that being said, film creators have to redefine storytelling because more and more viewers are needing to be entertained. “While technology is creating opportunities to change the way stories get created, experienced and shared, the story itself has been and always will be what connects us,” he said.

The topic of the article was never brought to my attention before I read it. That means it's not brought up in society and it's not something that's all over the internet. I'm always up to date with what's going on in the outside world, and I've never heard or read anything like this. There is said to be an issue or a controversial topic, but I still have yet to see the author address it. The main things I took out of this article were the importances of creation and storytelling. 

Further reading, I noticed the article is a commentary piece. The author shows little evidence and gives his opinion on technology throughout the whole thing. For some, I'm sure this article is tough to comprehend because of the complex vocabulary, but I think Kanarick got his point across. I truly enjoyed this piece of writing, and I look up to this writer because of his convoluted approach.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.wired.com/2014/10/digital-innovation-golden-age/

No comments:

Post a Comment