e-Communication

e-Communication

Friday, October 31, 2014

ONW Now- Behind The Scenes


After scrambling and trying to come up with a story idea, my partner and I pulled this one out of our back pocket. Nothing too interesting is happening at our school right now, so producing a story this week was tough. Tyler and I like to create stories that make a difference; stories that catch peoples attention. By showing others how much preparation goes into our weekly shows, I've been told that this was a great story.

Even though we had two weeks to finish the product above, I feel like the quality of the package is high.We incorporated the 6 shot system, sequencing, and a storyline. All of which are good elements in creating a journalistic package. The camera we chose to use was a canon 60D, and it just so happens to be my personal favorite. The lens captures an HD view and can blur out the background like no other.

The biggest "law or rule" we broke was not having a sit down interview. Obviously we were aware of this, we just wanted to create something distinctive. In my opinion, the stand up interview actually added to the package. The title "behind the scenes" makes the package seem informal, and by not having a formal interview, the stand up made sense to consolidate.

In my works, I enjoy giving off morals. If the story doesn't give people a moral, then what's the point of creating it? Authors incorporate morals into their books and writings, so I feel the need to do the same. Out of everything I have in this life, serving others gives me the loudest sense of joy. The moral I tried to embed in this work was togetherness. I hope I made it somewhat clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment