e-Communication

e-Communication

Monday, August 25, 2014

First Challenge



My e-communications teacher now assigns weekly challenges. The first challenge was assigned last Tuesday and I think it was a huge success. The process of video making brushed up my storytelling skills and refreshed my Final Cut Pro fundamentals. I choose to create a story over one of my classmates. His name is Connor Bickford and he likes to get involved with the school. It's not the most interesting of stories, but it was simplistic enough to give me a refresher.

I'm normally not the type to make videos because my passion is in writing, but this project made me realize I'm capable of both. There still needs to be creative thinking behind news packages and I could definitely get used to this. I learned that storytelling is the biggest component into video creating, and having a plan is imperative. There has to be thought put into interviews and there needs to be thought behind camera angles.

I didn't realize how many specific rules there are to storytelling. I never took into consideration that I could revolve my story around a dramatic arc. For those of you who don't know what that is: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution. Ring a bell? Anyways... I really look forward to the rest of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment